Friday, July 2, 2010

Officially Affiliated

After nearly two months since I sent in my final examination, I heard from AAHCC that I passed and am now a fully affiliated instructor for the Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth (R).  I heard from one of my fellow instructors that she’d also just been told she passed, and she had to wait three months!  Crazy.

We’re waiting to see what life is like with a fourth child before committing to teaching the next series, but the plan is to not teach another one until at least September and possibly January of 2011.  Even so, it is a huge relief to know we’ve gotten this far, and the timing could not be better.  I’m so glad Casey encouraged me to get certified when he did.  Otherwise, we’d have found many reasons not to do it, and I’m pretty sure I would not have attempted to go through the year-long process with four little ones.  So glad that part’s over.  Mosey on over to the Academy’s horrendously outdated website for a peek at our “official” web page (ugh).

1 comment: